Why Join Skal
Why should I join?
The international friendship and close personal contact of Skål must be experienced to be appreciated.
Skål is not a community organization like Rotary or Lions, rather it benefits and develops the professional sector, while assisting the community at large. Skål is an Association of Tourism Professionals which encourages and creates a network of professionals around the world. It promotes seminars and conferences to strengthen the industry's professionalism. “Doing Business among Friends” is our motto.
Through participation in local activities and events at all levels, members meet industry colleagues from around the world. Skål members should promote the organization and recruit qualified members.
What are the benefits of membership?
Through contributions from Clubs around the world, the Florimond Volckaert Fund assists any Skål member in times of financial need or crisis.
The Skål International Membership Card entitles members to discounts at some participating outlets, provided by Skål Members.
The network of Skål Members worldwide is now accessible via the Skål website. Information on members around the world is at your fingertips.
Skål Members are welcome at all meetings around the world. Wherever you travel, you can access a network of Skål friends and colleagues.
Skål News, a magazine published quarterly, is a medium for information about the organization and an avenue for advertising exposure to 20,000 industry professionals.
Membership Time Line
- A prospective member must attend two (2) Skål meetings prior to initiating the membership application process.
- Any prospective member attending his or her first meeting will be the guest of the club.
- Attendance at the second meeting will be at the prospective member’s expense, or at the expense of the member initially inviting him or her (sponsoring member).
- After attending two meetings, an application form must be completed and signed by the sponsoring and seconding member, the Membership Committee Chairman, the Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Club President, and Prospective Member. When signed and forwarded to Skål International (in Torremolinos, SPAIN) for approval, the Prospective Member will be billed for the dues, entrance fee and optional BMW Charitable Fund.
- Provided the bill is paid, once approval is received from Skål International, the new member will be inducted at the next meeting he or she attends.